We are committed to “Protecting What Matters to You”
as we exceed your expectations.
Looking for an insurance career? Our vision is to provide meaningful and gratifying careers in insurance and risk management to those who outperform and exceed customer’s expectations in our communities. The five main values we look for are: trustworthy, professional, sincere, friendly and teamwork.
Core competencies of successful candidates included:
1. To be client focused
2. To act in the spirit of Teamwork and Cooperation
3. To uphold integrity
4. To be flexible, resilient and resourceful
5. To be skilled in personal control
6. To listen, understand and respond
Current positions available:
Zehr Insurance Brokers Ltd. is looking for a special person to join our team as Farm Account Executive/Account Manager at our New Hamburg office. The right candidate will be able to develop relationships with prospective agricultural clients while retaining and maintaining current client accounts effectively. You will grow the agriculture portfolio by selling new policies and upselling existing clients. Some dedication to after-hours promotional events is required from time to time. We are seeking someone with a strong understanding of farming as you will be visiting farm properties to discuss insurance coverages in person. You will need a Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma and a post-secondary education in Business, Insurance, Agriculture or a related field. You should possess 3-5 years Agricultural experience, a Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) license, and preferably an Insurance Designation such at CAIB or CIP.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service through service of existing accounts, upsell as appropriate, resolve claims, maintain contact and develop a good rapport with clients in person, by mail, telephone or email as preferred while you protecting yourself and brokerage from E&O exposure and risk
- Computer experience: create and modify written correspondence, documents and complex spreadsheets; Microsoft Office experience required; working knowledge of company portals and experience using TAM Broker Management System software preferred
- Knowledge of Motor Vehicle Records, procedures and farm manuals
- Write quotes for renewals, endorsements and new business, verify limits using industry calculators, confirm equipment and machinery values using web information, map directions, satellite images and identifying property information
- Conduct property visits and participate in event planning; provide premium quotes, bind new business and deliver new policies; follow up on information for quoting and underwriting; negotiate premiums and coverage; and resolve concerns regarding client coverage and limit
- Participate in agri-business shows
- Front Line Underwriting
- Other duties as assigned
A competitive salary, bonus and benefits package is provided.
Zehr Insurance Brokers Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the hiring process.
Please email resumes to [email protected] or deliver to 59 Huron Street, New Hamburg, ON N3A 1K1
Deadline to apply it Friday June 22, 2018